Bollywood is an industry of fame and charms. Every day brings a lot of exciting songs for the viewers. No doubt, this industry has grown to much extent in the past two decades, and now is considered to be the 2nd largest and most grown entertainment industry, Hollywood being the 1st. The dance songs of Bollywood are famous the world over for their awesome lyrics, and amazing moves. Let us check out the list of top 10 best dance songs in Bollywood so far.
- 10. Chaiyya Chaiyya – ‘Dil Se’ (1998)
- 9. Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai – ‘Khalnayak’ (1993)
- 8. Khaike Paan Banaras Wala – ‘Don’ (1978)
- 7. Piya Tu – ‘Caravan’ (1971)
- 6. Dholi Taro Dhol Baje – ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ (1999)
- 5. Mehbooba Mehbooba – ‘Sholay’ (1975)
- 4. In Aankhon Ki Masti –‘Umrao Jaan’ (1981)
- 3. Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya – ‘Shree 420’ (1955)
- 2. Ude Jab Jab Zulfein Teri – ‘Naya Daur’ (1957)
- 1. Are Ja Re Hat Natkhat – ‘Navrang’ (1959)
10. Chaiyya Chaiyya – ‘Dil Se’ (1998)
This song is from Shah Rukh Khan’s film, Dil Se. With lyrics written by Gulzar to the popular Sufi folk song ‘Thaiyya Thaiyya’, this song is sung by Sukhwinder Singh and choreographed by Farah Khan. It is, no doubt, a great dance number of SRK and Malaika Arora.
9. Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai – ‘Khalnayak’ (1993)
This is another lovely dance song of Bollywood. It is from 1993’s film, Khalnayak. And can you guess who has been the female celebrity to perform in it? Well, you are absolutely correct, she is the adorable dance queen, Madhuri Dixit. An offering of music director Laxmikant-Pyarelal and lyricist Anand Bakshi, this song is sung by Alka Yagnik.
8. Khaike Paan Banaras Wala – ‘Don’ (1978)
There are many Big B songs, but this particular song is what makes Mr. Amitabh Bachchan the real dance hero. The music and lyrics of this song are by Kalyanji Anandiji and Anjan. It stars Zeenat Aman, dancing with Amitabh Bachchan.
7. Piya Tu – ‘Caravan’ (1971)
This is the song that made Asha Bhonsle the queen of cabaret numbers. It is one of the most memorable and best hot songs of ancient times. It was filmed on the sexy dance queen, Helen. This song has various remixes, but the original song is the best.
6. Dholi Taro Dhol Baje – ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ (1999)
Music and lyrics by Ismail Darbar and Mehboob, this Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie song had gotten worldwide fame. This remained a big hit on the charts of Bollywood for many months. The song is filmed on Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
5. Mehbooba Mehbooba – ‘Sholay’ (1975)
This song is really special to make us a fan of the golden times of 70s. It is truly a gypsy song in which the dance of Helen has been fantastic. It is sung by RD Burman, and is an award-winning song. It is a remake of a Demis Roussos song, which was inspired by a classic Cypriot song ‘Tia Rialia’.
4. In Aankhon Ki Masti –‘Umrao Jaan’ (1981)
This song of Rekha is a perfect mujrah-style number. She has performed really well in this song, and has been portrayed as an adorable dancer. The song is from her famous film, Umrao Jaan.
3. Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya – ‘Shree 420’ (1955)
This iconic song is from the Raj Kapoor-Nargis starrer ‘Shree 420’. Its lyrics are very beautiful, and it carries simple dance forms. I must say, the director and choreographer has input great efforts to make it a big success.
2. Ude Jab Jab Zulfein Teri – ‘Naya Daur’ (1957)
Dilip Kumar and Vyjayanthimala were amazing in this 1957 song. I must say it is one of the evergreen songs. The video and lyrics of this ‘Naya Daur’ song are just awesome.
The first color film of Bollywood, Navrang’s song is one of the best. With a classical base, this song is unique in how Sandhya has portrayed both a boy and girl with equal grace. The music and lyrics of this song are by C. Ramchandra and Bharat Vyas.
Did you like this article? Share your comments!